Tuesday 24 May 2016

Skitarii - Test model

Following my previous post on my ill-advised foray into the wold of the Adeptus Mechanicus, I am proud to present my first painted Skitarii.


The first Skitarii - Ready to die for his machine overlords
I tried a few different colour variations before settling on the above scheme. Initially I tried painting the cloaks yellow but they just looked like they were wearing raincoats! In the end, a green-blue hue is much more satisfying, complemented by brass and rakarth flesh with pink for the lenses and other small details. I can't wait to have a few more finished and to make a start on the Onager Dunecrawler from the box set.


A few more images of the completed build and test painted model below for your amusement.


Side shot - Pink purity seals for extra purity!

The Onager - MOAR heavy stubbers!!

Love this model

If only the other nine were painted too























7 comments:

  1. Dune crawler does look pretty badass. It occurs to me that it would be quite funny to battle this set against the Necron starter set - my 10 men and a silly walker vs your 10 men and a silly walker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Want to hit Keith up on the weekend?

      Delete
    2. I can see the article now. "The first thing you have to do in order to hit Keith up is go into town" at that point I'll probably put in a short discussion about good tunes for the road .... or are we talking about actual wargaming?

      I hope people can tell this is a joke and don't start to prepare for an article mostly about bus routes...

      Delete
    3. Let's hit him up, the only acceptable tunes will be by Crossfaith. I wonder if he has another Skitarii box set?

      Delete
    4. It's probably a bad idea, I might come back with a MONOLITH ... or possibly start a circle pit in the store.

      Delete