Monday 17 February 2020

Squaduary 2020 - Adeptus Custodes Vertus Praetors - Week 2

Apologies for the delayed post, last week turned out to be busier than I thought so I've not got around to posting my Squaduary update until now. Still, I think it's worth the wait.

This is getting out of hand! Now there are two of them!
As you can see, I've added another completed jetbike to my squad of Vertus Praetors. Now I only have one model left to complete for the full squad! I'm really pleased that I've been able to match the quality of the two models so closely and it gives me a lot of hope for expanding the army going forwards.

The newest member of the squad.
Once again, I used the wet palette for the feathering technique on the lance blade and it certainly seems to help by keeping the paint workable. I don't think I would bother with it for anything that isn't serious blending or feathering though.

Detail of the rider.
For some reason, the zoomed in photo had trouble picking up the true colours of the miniature. Still these are gorgeously detailed miniatures, so I thought it was important to show some of it.

Get ready for the hurricane, heretics!
Anyway, I'm delighted with the way Squaduary is going so far. We're over half way there and I only have one (large) model to go. Certainly feels like I might have a finished squad by the end of the month! But as always, the hobby is a fickle mistress, tune in next week to find out if it has all gone horribly wrong.

If you'd like to see my previous updates you can read them here and here.

4 comments:

  1. Those are a great pair. Best wishes with the third. A very good scheme with the purple and green blades, well executed. I especially like how the blades have come out. Congrats on the results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing the full set for sure. The colours of the lance blades are just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Rory, should get them finished off this week.

      Delete