Monday 16 March 2020

Monster March - Adeptus Custodes Contemptor Achillus Dreadnought - Week 3

Sorry for the slightly delayed update, I wasn't able to post over the weekend, so this is going up on Monday. Still, it was a weekend of excellent progress as I'm sure you will agree!

Behold! The finished Dreadnought.
Somehow, I've managed to finish painting this beast in about two weeks. That's got to be some kind of personal best. Not only that, but I'm really pleased with the way it turned out!

I particularly like the eye lenses.
As you can see, I've followed the same colour scheme as my Vertus Praetors, using purple for some of the armour panels and green for the weapons etc. The sculpted base allowed me to get a bit more green into the model with the small elements of foliage.

Got a bit freehandy with the shoulder pad.
I tried to push myself with the freehand on the shoulder pad. It was only after I had painted it that I realised Voldus is a Grey Knights character. Doh! Oh well, it's probably am pretty common Imperial name right?? Anyway, I was so happy with the way it looked that I didn't want to go back and change it.

Shows the raised areas of the base a bit better.
Thus my Monster March challenge is concluded. But wait, there's two weeks left to go! Perhaps it's time for a little stretch goal.

How about another Dreadnought??
Inspired by my own work on the Contemptor Achillus, I decided to dig out this Telemon Dreadnought and get it built. It still needs a touch of green stuff and undercoat before I can begin painting. Also, trying to do something this big in two weeks is certainly a challenge; but even if I just get a few basecoats on it I'll still be happy.

I'm finding Monster March this year to be particularly inspiring. The other participants are putting in some amazing work and Swordmaster is doing a brilliant job showcasing it over at Path of an Outcast. Keep the momentum going everyone!

That's all for now, come back next week to see if I've managed to make a dent in my second entry this month.

10 comments:

  1. Well done Ed! Your Dreadnought looks fantastic! I am also happy to see you decided to keep going and built another model! I am sure you will finish it just in time! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much! I'm not sure if I will get the Telemon finished, but I'm determined to try.

      Delete
  2. That blade looks awesome! Great looking mini

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks absolutely awesome mate, especially the blade and the eye lenses. I still haven't started Monster March yet...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marc. Get on it mate! I'm procrastinating heavily with my second dread, but I'm gonna try and turn it around today.

      Delete
  4. Sweet! Congrats on the completion and in record time to boot. Really great work there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks absolutely fantastic. Wish I could paint gold like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much. It's easy to do! Just basecoat with Retributor Armour, wash with Carroburg crimson and highlight with Auric armour gold. I added a final highlight of Coat d'Arms Enchanted silver too.

      Delete