Monday 22 June 2020

Cerastus Knight Atropos - Painted

Greetings all! Sorry posts have been a bit few and far between, I've been working from home these last few months and it's been a bit disruptive for my blogging schedule. I haven't been idle on the hobby front though. I used the time to break out my Cerastus Knight Atropos and get her painted.

Hazardous!
The Atropos is my favourite pattern of Imperial Knight so I pulled out all the stops to try and do the model justice. I tried really hard with the hazard chevrons and the checkerboard and overall I'm really pleased with the way she turned out.

Some tasty transfers too.
The kit itself was delightful, absolutely festooned with quirky Mechanicum details. Anyone who's handled one knows that the Cerastus kits are immensely poseable and I tried to get some dynamism into mine without going too crazy.

Profile shot.
Those of you who have followed this blog for a while will be familiar with the green and beige scheme common to my knights and adeptus mechanicus. I've used the same scheme here and I've tried to add some more interest with the patterned panels and transfers. I tried to make the base interesting too by adding a small piece of terrain and some rocky debris.

Detail of the base.
I'm really thrilled to have added the Atropos to my collection. I've had the kit for a couple of years but was put off from attempting it because I wanted to do it justice. Now that it's complete I'm pretty damn happy with the finished product.

Right side.
As far as the tabletop goes, 9th edition is looming and we are supposed to be getting revamped rules for all Forgeworld models. I'm not sure what this will mean for the Atropos, but even if her rules are rubbish I'll still love her.

Hopefully I will be doing another post shortly showing off some of the other things I've been painting while at home. Come back soon and check it out!

6 comments:

  1. Awesome Ed! Great greens and purples again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking Engine. I love how the lenses came out. Makes me want to finally finish my knight-castigator which I've also had a couple years unpainted for basically the same reasons. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers dude! Get your Castigator done, you'll be happy when it's finished.

      Delete
  3. Fantastic painting mate :-) I have always wanted an Atropos (rules be damned).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot! All the rules are about to change anyway, perhaps that will lure you in.

      Delete