Friday 13 October 2017

Painting the Onager Dunecrawler - Dreadtober 2017 week 2

Welcome to Dreadtober week 2! So, how's it going? Well, it's going pretty great, thanks for asking.


Finally glued to the base!
It's been a solid week of progress for me. I've finished painting a lot of the smaller parts that will be glued in place once the main hull is complete. Not only that, but I've finished painting the lower half and stuck it on the base!


Following in the footsteps of the rest of my Skitarii, I'm trying to keep things simple with the paint scheme. Not getting bogged down in too much of the detail (because these things have tons of it!)


Eradication Beamer! Such a cool weapon.
I'm delighted with how the scheme is turning out. I'm always worried about transferring a colour scheme to a larger model, but so far it seems to be working well.


As far as assembly goes, the legs were a bit of a bitch as I hadn't realized that you can't just slide the funny snowshoe type things around the feet once they're fixed down. This led to much cursing as I had to rip the legs off the base and then reconnect them with the 'snowshoes' in place. However, it doesn't seem to have damaged the finished product.


Other assorted gubbins. All WIP.
Still, so far, progress is good and I'm well on the way to finishing the model by the end of the month. You can check out my previous progress here and here. Also be sure to stop by the main Dreadtober blog to see how the other participants are getting on.


Tune in next time for another batch of hot, steaming progress!



6 comments:

  1. Looks like you're making really good progress. I like the look of that Eradication Beamer! (Also, what a name for a weapon!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a metal name for a weapon! Although I might have to start referring to it as 'Sexy Beam' because of reasons.....

      Delete
  2. Love the purple crimson power glow on the Eradication Beamer, great use of contrasting colours. Great progress fellow Dreadtober-teer ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot mate! I think Dreadtober-teer might be my new favourite character class!

      Delete
  3. Sweeeet - Loving the color combos you're going with, it's looking great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate! Check out today's post for more of the same.

      Delete