Wednesday 9 October 2019

Dreadtober 2019 - Night Lords Legion Leviathan Dreadnought - Week 2

We're just over a week into Dreadtober (where did that week go??) and I've made some progress with my Night Lords Leviathan Dreadnought.

Not a lot of progress but it's something.
As you can see from the above, I've done a load of ugly basecoats and made a start detailing the left arm. I've found in the past with Dreadnoughts that I prefer to paint them a piece at a time; so I've basecoated almost everything and now I'll paint a limb to completion. Apparently we're starting with the left arm because of reasons.

What's big, blue and ugly?
Despite not having made fabulous progress, I'm really liking this model. It's got loads of cool details which really evoke the image of the 8th Legion. There's plenty of obvious things like the dismembered body on the front housing. But there are lots of little touches which I've enjoyed discovering as I progress.

Oh, and if you saw my last post, you'll notice that this chap now has a pair of big claws and some heavy flamers. Perfect for a Legion that specializes in terror tactics!

Tune in next week when hopefully I will have made lots more progress as the end of October looms large.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like good progress so far. I'd say you're definitely on track to finish in October.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you actually cursed me with this comment.

      Delete