Tuesday 6 March 2018

Monster March - Cerastus Knight Castigator - Part 2

Where did that week go? I can't believe we are one week into Monster March already. This Cerastus knight is looking like a steeper challenge by the day! Still, I have made some progress this week by painting the armour panels that cover the body of the Castigator.


For those that missed out, Monster March is a painting challenge run by Swordmaster over at Path of an Outcast. The basic gist is to paint a large monster, or other suitably large model within the month of March. I have chosen to pledge my Cerastus Knight Castigator; quite a challenge for my usual glacial painting pace. 


Hopefully some transfers will help them out a bit.
Annoyingly, while taking this photo, I noticed that the beige parts of the leg armour don't match one another. So I will have to go back in and balance the colours until they look right. This is one of the perils of working on a model in parts, you don't notice how heavily you've highlighted some bits until you get it all together.


Despite that minor setback, I'm pleased with the colour saturation on these panels. The brass and green colours have lent themselves well to this scale and I think they will be nicely off set by the beige once the model is complete.


I've also begun putting down some basecoats on the main body of the knight, but no pictures yet as it looks like a patchwork quilt!


Join me next time when hopefully I'll have a bit more progress to share. You can check out my previous post here.



2 comments:

  1. Looking well so far. Plenty of time to go sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colours. That will be a fantastic miniature.

    ReplyDelete