It's been a productive and interesting year for me. I've learned quite a bit and developed as a painter in ways I wouldn't have anticipated. So, what goals did I set last year?
- Complete up to 3000 points of Adeptus Mechanicus/Imperial Knights. I managed to smash this one, bringing the army up to just over 3800 points. Goal completed. You can see most of the collection here.
This has grown somewhat since the photo was taken.
- Make a spreadsheet to track the completion of my Tyranid collection. Done! Perhaps this was an easy win but I'll take it regardless.
- Make some progress with the completion of said Tyranids. (Preferably paint more troops.) Another major victory, I painted a huge batch of Tyranid troops recently which gave me a fun, playable army.
Quick and nasty. But fun to play with.
- Play some games of Infinity with fully painted forces. Nope. Haven't played Infinity this year.
- Get a better grip on the rules for Infinity. Obviously, also no.
- Paint my Forgeworld Mechanicum Thanatar Siege Automata. Done! I was very pleased to get this finished and I think she looks great.
I love these 30k robots.
- Finish building and painting Mechanicum Vultarax Stratos Automata. Same as above, this was a really enjoyable project and I'm very happy with it.
Such a cool model.
- Paint my Necromunda Goliath gang. No. I haven't worked on my Goliaths, but I feel a Necromunda session coming on in the near future.
And where does that leave us? Well, I think I'm going to scrap a lot of the leftover goals from last season and start afresh. Nothing like wiping the slate clean (sort of). So, without further ado, my 2019/2020 hobby goals are:
- Paint five Skitarii Vanguard.
- Paint five Fulgurite Electropriests.
- Paint my Necromunda Goliath gang.
- Build and paint a Cerastus Knight Atropos.
- Paint a tech-priest Manipulus.
- Paint some more 30k robots.
- Attend College of Artisans at Warhammer World again.
- Complete the Acastus Knight Porphyrion which I began painting this year.
- Paint at least one Black Templar model and one Imperial assassin.
I think that will do to start with. I'm sure I will wander from project to project and have some surprising things come up that I can't currently anticipate. Here's hoping for another year of fun hobbying and gaming!