Monday 15 July 2024

Night Lords - Horus Heresy: Age of Darkness

It's been forever since I've posted here, but I've not been idle. For your amusement I present a selection of miniatures from my ever growing Night Lords Legion army which I've been building since the release of the Horus Heresy second edition.

First up is a converted Chaplain which I made from one of the Praetors which comes in the Age of Darkness box.

Jump Chaplain

I decided to go with an axe on this guy and then field it as a Headsman's Axe in game. I know technically they're supposed to be chain weapons, but my regular opponents can't tell the difference. I added a jump pack so he can support either my assault marines or night raptors depending on which squad is being played.

Pretty pleased with that axe

Next up is Sevatar. Technically my Night Lords are on the road to Terra, so he shouldn't be included as part of the army. But he's a brilliant character and a cool model to boot, so I had to have him in the collection.

Death to the False Emperor!

Speaking of Night Raptors, here's a unit of 5 I added to the army. I have 5 already painted from my forays into the Horus Heresy during the first edition for the game. So generally I envisage that these will be used as a big unit of 10. Clocking in at a whopping 400 points, they're terribly inefficient, but I do love the models and the background.

Lightning claws are always good

I painted a classic box dreadnought which I've had kicking around for years. It's a really nice classic Forgeworld model and I'm glad to have it finished and added to the army.

Old school cool

Last but very much not least. I painted up a super-heavy tank in the form of the Falchion. I got this in a part trade with a friend who had started building the kit but lost enthusiasm. It needed a fair bit of repair work to get it to a decent state and I needed two attempts to get it painted because the sponsons were absolute murder. I'm very jealous of anyone who owns the modern kit which comes with the plastic sponsons.

Big and brutal

I really love the way this thing looks; it reminds me of the old mammoth tanks from Command & Conquer.


I should have added a couple of havoc launchers


No comments:

Post a Comment